Chinese crossword puzzle (China Pics) encodes a color or black and white image that you are about to find. The rules for solving Chinese crosswords are very similar to the rules for nonograms but there are fundamental differences.
- The panel with numbers on the left side shows it the same as in nonograms: all groups of cells of the same color in the order of their sequence. There must be at least one empty square between groups of the same color.
- Vertically, the cells are formed into groups with a height of 1 to 3 cells. All cells in a group are always the same color.
- The panel at the top shows the total number of cells of each color, without breakdown into groups. The color order corresponds to the first appearance of the color (starting from the bottom) in the corresponding column.
For most easy china pics, this information is usually sufficient. But for the more complex puzzle, there are two more auxiliary rules for vertical groups:
- Groups adjacent to a single cell below or above will always be of a different color.
- A group above a group of three cells will also always be of a different color.
Horizontally, you use similar techniques as in nonograms. And vertically - other logical methods based on the analysis of groups, available colors and the number of filled cells.